The Bandoneon choosed for sampling is an historic Alfred Arnold that was made in Germany in the '50s. His typical sound was based on 2 reeds (Zinc) for each note. 40 keys on the right hand 32 notes in left hand
PSound Bandoneon has been sampled in 4 dynamic layers with 2 round robin for a total of 440 samples (1 GB storage) at 96kHz/24-bit for each note of the instrument..
Bandoneon was recorded by Paolo Principi with a Neumann TLM103 large diaphragm microphone thru an amazing Apogee Symphony I/O converter with its own Mic Preamp card for the best audio resolution and musical details. All the 440 samples are in96kHz/24bit resolution!
By a careful analysis of the sound he found a great variation of the harmonic spectrumduring the dynamic range of the reeds. This fact depends on the high quality of the hand made reeds of the instrument. Yes, I tried to reproduce this amazing feature.
• Alfred Arnold historic Instrument
• 440 Samples
• >1 GB Storage
• 96 kHz Sample rate
• 24 bit resolution
• All sample are perfectly looped
• 4 velocity layers
• 2 Round robin per layer
• key-on and key-off noises
• Adjustable volume for reeds and noise
• right hand and left hand presets
• Powered by UVI Engine XT™
• Requires UVI Workstation v2.5.6 or later
• UVI.net provides UVI Workstation for free!
• UVI Falcon full Compatibility!
• Playable by Motu Machfive too (requires v3.2.1)
• PACE protection system (free iLok account required)