All users should update to the latest PLAY software. PLAY installers do not need a previous version of PLAY already installed.
EastWest urges users to consider the timing of updates. If you are in the middle of a project, it may be prudent to wait until the project is complete.
PLAY 5 is for Mac users running OS X 10.7 or higher, and for Windows users running 7 and above.
PLEASE NOTE: PLAY 5 DOES NOT SUPPORT 32-BIT. IF YOU USE A 32-BIT HOST CONTINUE USING PLAY 4.3.5.
- If you are using a Mac and get an “unidentified developer” message when clicking on the “PLAY_5.0.0.mpkg" icon, right-click or control-click on the icon instead and proceed.
PLAY 5 system manual
What's fixed and added in PLAY Software Update 5.0.0?
- Major performance upgrade and our fastest PLAY version to date
- Special optimization settings for SSDs and PCIe-based flash storage
- The SSL/EW FX Global Suite (formally a $99 addition) is now included for free to all PLAY 5 users for all products.This collection of authentic SSL professional audio processing tools includes a Filter, EQ, Compressor, Gate/Expander, Transient Shaper and Stereo Buss Compressor
- Additional 726 Reverb Impulses for the EW Convolution Reverb
- Updated Goliath collection now includes Ohmicide and the Amp Simulator
- New PLAY 5 Manual available
PLAY 4.3.5 (shown below) is for 32-bit hosts only (use PLAY 5 for 64-bit hosts) and for Mac users running OS X 10.7 or higher, and for Windows users running Win XP and above.
- If you are using a Mac and get an “unidentified developer” message when clicking on the “PLAY_4.3.5.mpkg” icon, right-click or control-click on the icon instead and proceed.
PLAY 4 system manual